- Allow extra time for entry onto the lawn. Seating is available on a first come first serve basis. Wristbands will be distributed for entry and re-entry.
- Please respect the elderly and disabled as well as other event goers.
- Bags and coolers will be searched at designated security checkpoints for public safety.
- See Access for specific MA State Police instructions.
What to Bring:
- An umbrella or parasol for shade or in case of rain.
- A blanket or tarp (no larger than 10 x 10 ft.) for sitting on the lawn.
- Pop up Tents/Canopies with no sides (maximum size 10 x 10 ft.) (No Tents/Canopies allowed on July 3).
- Folding beach chairs.
- Sun protection lotion.
- Shoulder-strap or single-handled coolers (nothing with wheels), snacks, and refreshments. Food and refreshments will also be available at the concession stands.
- All personal items must be carried in clear bags only.
- If you are travelling by public transportation, it saves time to purchase tokens in advance.
- Binoculars to make event viewing easier.
- Photographic cameras are allowed.
- On July 3rd and 4th all allowable items must be checked and carried through security checkpoints for the Oval and the Island. Seating capacity is limited.
What NOT to Bring.
- No glass containers.
- No cans
- No pre-mixed beverages.
- All liquids must be in sealed clear plastic containers not to exceed 2 liters.
- No coolers on wheels.
- No backpacks or shopping bags.
- Alcoholic beverages are restricted.
- No grills, hibachis or fires are allowed.
- No sharp objects, weapons, firearms.
- No pets (unless service animal for the disabled).
- No bicycles allowed in the Oval or the Island. Secure them only in designated areas.
- No drones.
- Marked Safety Zone: Vessels must anchor and remain 100 feet from shore and 1000 feet from fireworks barges
- Red Zone: East of fireworks barges. Vessels 13ft. and greater
- Blue Zone: West of Massachusetts Ave. bridge
- Vessels with height of over 12ft. will not clear drawbridge and must remain upriver of Longfellow Bridge after fireworks
- Discharge of boat sewage is prohibited. Designated pump-out facilities are located at the Charles River Yacht Club and Watertown Yacht Club
- Disableled persons may enter the designated area. Space is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Restrooms, portable restrooms, and handicapped restrooms are available. See maps.